Position: Social Media Manager
Schedule: 20-25 hours/week
Timeline: 6 months, with potential expansion of role by end of contract period
Location: Anywhere in the United States (this is a remote position)
Deadline: Priority will be given to applications received before July 25; applicants should be available to start by mid August.
Resonance Network is seeking a Social Media Manager to join our Communications team. The Social Media Manager will work directly with the Communications Director and Network Communications Manager, and play an essential role in shaping Resonance Network’s digital strategy. The Social Media Manager will lead execution of a range of communications and engagement activities that connect, build, and inspire the Resonance Network community–and attract and engage new network participants.
The Social Manager will be responsible for: 1) visioning and executing Resonance Network’s social media content strategy, 2) co-managing the communications calendar and supporting the production of new content for social media, as well as other Resonance Network communications including emails and blog, and 3) supporting ongoing narrative analysis and landscape scanning of the field, identifying opportunities for engagement.
People of color, immigrants, queer, women, transgender, non-binary folks encouraged to apply.
- Collaborate directly with Communications Director to implement strategic online engagement to grow the Resonance Network community, including driving/coordinating social media strategies that can be tracked/measured
- Execute social media campaign and content strategy (via website, social media channels, etc.) to support building with new audiences
- Manage Resonance Network’s online presence in coordination with Communications Director and Network Communications Manager, including design and execution of social media strategy, shaping visual brand identity, daily execution of social media posting across channels, content editing, and evaluation of relevant analytics
- Monitor public discourse and propose opportunities for Resonance Network to connect and engage.
- Foster online engagement through consistent communications via social media and other channels
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience with and excitement for building robust engagement on social media
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, social, and economic justice, and willingness to be in deep practice (living our values) toward creating an equitable world
- Willingness and ability to envision a world beyond violence–a world rooted in mutual care, where all people live in dignity
- Ability to work independently and think creatively about how to leverage the resources at their disposal
- Fresh perspective/approaches to reach others who are like-spirited but not yet connected to Resonance Network
- Understanding of social justice movement landscape, including leaders and organizations
- Experience with and understanding of social media trends, best practices, and engagement strategies
- Ability to conceive of digital strategy in support of a networked community rather than a traditional organization or “institution-building” approach to digital strategy (i.e., Resonance aims to be a community of network members who communicate with each other, with opportunities for self-organizing and network weaving, rather than just a centralized organizational hub)
- A strong instinct for reaching/engaging folks living at the intersections of multiple systems of oppression (racism, misogyny, transphobia, ableism, etc.), as well as how these structural issues affect our work together
- Both a strong orientation toward collaboration and capacity to drive work independently
- Strong writing and editing skills with an emphasis on clear, inspiring writing; strong graphic design instincts (background in graphic/web design a plus)
- Ability to set clear and measurable goals while holding space for emergence, experimentation, and group processes
- Enthusiasm about creative processes, cultural/narrative strategy, and liberation-informed data gathering
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate openly with coworkers and community members
- Experience with Google and social media analytics and ability to use data to inform digital strategy
About Resonance Network
Resonance Network is a network of over 3,000 Black, Indigenous, immigrant, women, femmes, trans, and two-spirit people and their co-conspirators who are building a world beyond violence–a world rooted in mutual care, where all people live in dignity, and all beings can thrive. We are healers, leaders, artists, survivors, and storytellers creating visionary spaces to access creativity and radical imagination, build deep relationship, and practice what it means to thrive. In a dominant culture world of extractiveness and harm toward our bodies and spirits, the expansiveness and care that shapes Resonance culture is an invitation to be present and whole. It is in this kind of beloved community that a world beyond violence can take root.
In addition to your resume, please include links to your digital work (including portfolio and/or links to social media accounts your manage), and submit a brief statement about why this opportunity interests you–specifically, how it aligns with your purpose, strengths and gifts, and your worldview. (You may respond to this question in the communication style of your choosing.) Please send application materials to: email@example.com