There is change, and there is transformation.
Change happens incrementally, using external influences to modify actions. Transformation is holistic, shapes belief systems and culture so that a desired vision can happen organically, and be sustained over time. Networks are the way to create this kind of transformation.
A network is a constellation of people who work, experiment, share, and learn together. Networks are dynamic and flexible, designed to adapt, evolve, and scale in response to changing contexts and current events. This dynamic form not only mirrors the way change happens in the natural world, it also makes broad transformation possible. Resonance Network participants come together to build a world without violence, a world rooted in connection to ourselves, each other, and our planet.
We know that violence is held in place by a complex system of power and beliefs, and transforming it will require a holistic approach. We bring together organizers, storytellers, students, advocates, healers, teachers, faith leaders, artists, and other individuals across the country who are committed to working toward the thriving of future generations.
By coming together as a network, we aim to:
- Build relationships rooted in a shared sense of compassion and connection to our selves, each other, and our planet
- Create a space for experimentation and innovation, where new ideas and approaches are welcomed as we build together toward the world we want
- Activate the leadership qualities inherent in all of us, as each participant finds their own alignment and unique contributions in our shared movement
- Support network participants in taking initiative in learning and leading in their own communities
- Engage in governance and decision-making models that reflect those we envision in the world we’re building: with equity and shared leadership at the center